Pages

Check out my other pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

DIY: My Version of Spiked Sneakers

The materials that you need are; thread, needle, glue or E6000, rhinestones of any kind, scissors, spikes, beads, or whatever else you want to attach, and canvas shoes. 

I just found these white ones from Wal-Mart.  I looked other places but wasn't really able to find them inexpensively. I thought about using my Vans but I wasn't sure how they would turn out. 

Add caption




I really love the idea of canvas shoes with spikes but I wanted to do something a little differently with them.  I started by putting the spikes in where I wanted.  I chose to use gold screw-on spikes.  I also glued them so they don't loosen.  Then I put some lave over the toe and heel.  after that I just filled in the other areas with rhinestones and pearls.  Some of these I already had and some I bought.  The ones that were sewn on were from bracelets that I have had since high school.  I just cut them apart. The other ones are just from Michael's and Hobby Lobby.  I still need to change the laces out for ribbon.  I think I am going to use pink ribbon but I'm not sure.  I can't wait to wear them but it's been really snowy and rainy lately. I will definitively be featuring them in outfit posts in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment